Meghan handles complex environmental and natural resource matters. She offers litigation, regulatory, and counseling services supported by a strong scientific background.
- Meghan represents clients in federal and state court at the district and appellate levels. Her litigation experience includes cost recovery actions under CERCLA/MTCA, defending tribal treaty rights, actions involving water rights or quality, and actions brought under the APA to protect species and natural resources. She also helps represent clients in multi-party allocations.
- She represents clients in negotiations with regulatory agencies, such as over the scope of agreed orders or environmental covenants. She also works with regulatory agencies to advance matters of environmental justice important to her clients.
- Meghan works on environmental and energy transactions, including for climate-friendly infrastructure projects. She has assisted in drafting a contract for a first-of-its-kind renewable energy deal, engaged in business negotiations for a renewable biofuels facility, performed environmental due diligence before a merger, and advised potential buyers of contaminated properties of their expected exposure under the pollution control statutes.
- Meghan joined Cascadia from the chambers of the Honorable Ronald B. Leighton, District Judge for the Western District of Washington, where she served as a two-year term law clerk. She worked on a variety of civil and criminal cases involving federal and state law, many of which the national and local press followed closely.
- Before that, Meghan worked as a summer associate for another Seattle-based firm providing sophisticated real estate and litigation services. She also worked as an extern for the Department of Justice’s Environment and Natural Resources Division, Environmental Defense Section; the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit; and the Natural Resources Defense Council.
Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
Washington State Courts
Named SuperLawyer Rising Star by ThomsonReuters (2018 - present)
Board of Directors, Arctic Encounter (Treasurer, 2018 – present)
Executive Committee, Washington State Bar Association's Environmental and Land Use Law Section (Treasurer, 2019-present)
Alumni Board, Bellarmine Preparatory School (2016-18)
American Bar Association, Section of Environment, Energy, and Resources